Position Responsibilities\Requirements: *
Engineering and Operational support for the Voltage Encryption
Preferred Qualified Candidates will have experience with the encryption tool, 'Voltage'.Job Summary:
Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs.
• Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocol and recommends solutions.
• Maintains security systems and administers security policies to control access to systems.
• Maintains company firewall and utilizes applicable encryption methods.
• Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements.
• Responds to information security-related questions and inquiries using established information security tools and procedures.
• Resolves and/or performs follow through to resolve all information security issues and questions.
• Implements and administers information security controls using software and vendor security systems.
• Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands and quantifies business impacts of those improvements for communication to management.
• Interfaces with user community to understand security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them. Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
• Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires five or more years of experience. Frequently reports to an IT Security Administration Manager.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL