Position Responsibilities\Requirements: GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works to achieve assigned annual sales quota
• Manages, plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration, and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-year focus
• Acts as primary liaison between client and FIS and understands client's needs, including financial expectations and restrictions
• Develops and executes account plans to ensure continued revenue growth from account base
• Performs detailed territory review for management (1st Quarter) providing information on assigned client base
• Demonstrates product and industry knowledge including various solutions, market strategies, and competitive intelligence
• Prepares and presents proposals to clients - utilizing FIS resources and tools. Garners sales management approval for proposal generation and apply no discounts to proposals/contracts without obtaining FIS management approval.
• Structures, negotiates and closes "deals" that meet customer expectations and FIS's ability to deliver; utilizes appropriate company resources per the resources plan to provide product marketing support or specialized product sales expertise
• Negotiates terms and conditions of FIS contracts with client and ensures terms are within FIS standards
• Ensures accurate forecasting and pipeline management as well as accurate content and certification of information in EMS for assigned clients
• Implements account coverage methodologies that ensure 100% renewal rates of current FIS clients
• Identifies and reports "at risk" clients and escalates to executive management; prepares, implements and executes
"at risk" plan
• Listens and escalates concerns of customers with regard to current products/services
• Within client organizations, builds network of both operational and executive C-level users and maintains knowledge of products and services utilized
• Works directly with Corporate Briefing Team to plan, coordinate and facilitate client meetings at FIS offices and Executive and/or Sales Executive visits and presentations at client on-site facilities
• Prepares and submits Client Call Report after each client visit
• Other related duties assigned as needed EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of FIS products and services
• General knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology including systems, applications and banking practices
• Requires expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Communicates ideas both verbally, in written form and via presentation in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
• Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
• Analytical skills are required to determine client business needs and requirements
• Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
• Ability to show established track record of involvement in industry trade groups preferred
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
• Travel is required
• Basic knowledge of both Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Software
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Jacksonville, FL