Established in 1943, the SK Food Group is a leader in the food manufacturing and wholesale food sales industry. We produce a complete line of products for many different market segments including retail, convenience stores, vending and the transportation industry. In addition, we pride ourselves on the sub-contract manufacturing and private labeling capabilities our company offers to customers throughout the United States. Please visit
for more information.
We are looking for experienced Sanitation Supervisor to join our team in Tupelo, Mississippi.
**Relocation assistance is available.**
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor maintains adherence to SSOP Plan, ensuring a thorough daily cleansing of the Production area in a timely fashion. Ensures employee labor is used efficiently to complete daily, weekly and monthly detailed cleanings, coordinating with multiple departments to assure completion.
- Ensure that MSS (Master Sanitation Schedule) is followed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Supervises the sanitation team. Ensures employees comply with stated company policies and practices.
- Coordinate with Production and Quality Assurance departments in relation to food safety and sanitation; maintain MSS and SSOP files and other records.
- Ensure pre-operation sanitation inspection runs smoothly, ensuring the facility is ready for production in a timely manner; verify sanitation is effective by reviewing swab samples for micro-testing.
- Analyze trends for low performing areas during sanitation and identify improvement opportunities.
- Monitor chemical mixes ensuring correct dilution, and fix when variances occur.
- Monitor employee labor hours, ensure efficiency in task completion. Review employee time punches in ADP.
- Maintain sanitation equipment in good condition, complete purchase requisitions when necessary.
- Initiate new procedures as determined by facility food-safety requirements.
- Conduct yearly performance evaluations of employees; conduct disciplinary actions.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively between departments; request assistance from other departments when necessary.
- Undertake annual assessment of all SSOPs and update these documents; participate in self-audits.
- Conduct monthly usage audits of chemical cleaning agents, and monitor par inventory levels performing inventory counts. Complete purchase requisitions for chemical acquisition.
- Develop sanitation associates and leads knowledge in their respective work areas.
- Maintain safe working practices for all employees.
- Counsel sanitation associates and leads when necessary.
- Schedule and track PTO, leaves, etc.
- Lock and secure the building as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred. Must have at least two years of leadership experience and/or training. Related manufacturing experience required, SQF and USDA environment experience preferred.
- Understanding of HACCP requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and chilled environment.
- Moderate mechanical skills a plus.
- Must be able to work a third shift schedule.
About this company
SK Food Group was founded in 1943 and quickly became a leader in the manufacturing and wholesale food sales industry. Our Oven Pride Kitchen® offerings can be found in the national and international marketplace. Our contract manufacturing and Custom Private Label Products capabilities make SK Food Group one of the most successful and diverse food manufacturing companies.
Location/Region: Tupelo MS