Fernway’s Production Specialist will be responsible for supporting all production operations and ensuring that operations are safe, efficient, and professional. Fernway is looking for an exceptional self -starter as one of Fernway’s first employees.
Fernway is a cannabis vape brand with its production facility located in Northampton, Massachusetts. The company is a dynamic start-up that sees MA as the best new cannabis market in the U.S. The Production Specialist will have ample opportunities for professional growth and promotion within the company based on job performance.
Fernway is dedicated to building a diverse team and committed to promoting equity among racial minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description:
Report to and work directly with Chief Operating Officer:
- Filling production orders, including vape cartridge formulation, filling, and packaging, among other tasks
- Managing Metrc seed-to-sale tracking entries and records
- R&D and product innovation
- Assisting management in identifying future hiring needs
- Monitoring quality assurance and quality control while upholding strict sanitation standards
- Conduct routine equipment cleaning and maintenance and coordinate equipment repairs as needed o Track inventory and consumables usage for re-orders and assist in procurement of inventory items (cannabis oil, vape hardware, packaging, etc.)
- Continuously vetting quality of vendors o Preparing samples for third party lab testing and interpreting lab test results
- Assist with analysis of manufacturing/productivity metrics to help management scale production efficiently
- Prior experience with cannabis cartridge production (including use of Metrc) in a Massachusetts licensed product manufacturing facility with strict health and safety policies
- Must be at least 21+ years old
- Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Relocation to the greater Northampton, Massachusetts area, and ability to work on-site
- Must be able to pass Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) background check
- A high degree of integrity and ethical conduct at all times
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Beginning salary: $50,000 per year
- Full healthcare, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) program