Fernway’s Warehouse & Delivery Specialist will be responsible for supporting all inventory & logistics operations and ensuring that operations are safe, efficient, and professional. Fernway is looking for an exceptional self-starter as one of Fernway’s first employees.
Fernway is a cannabis vape brand with its production facility located in Northampton, Massachusetts. The company is a dynamic start-up that sees MA as the best new cannabis market in the U.S. The Inventory & Logistics Specialist will have ample opportunities for professional growth and promotion within the company based on job performance.
Fernway is dedicated to building a diverse team and committed to promoting equity among racial minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description:
Report to and work directly with Chief Operating Officer:
- Organize and log incoming inventory shipments in Metrc and inventory tracking software
- Delivering products to retail dispensaries across Massachusetts
- Track inventory and consumables usage for re-orders and assist in procurement of inventory items (cannabis oil, vape hardware, terpenes, packaging, etc.)
- Filling production orders, including managing inventory, preparing orders for shipment, and ensuring regulatory compliance, among other tasks
- Assisting management in identifying future hiring needs
- Monitoring quality assurance and quality control and upholding strict sanitation standards
- Conduct routine equipment cleaning and maintenance and direct equipment repairs as needed o Continuously vetting quality of vendors
- Assist with analysis of inventory and logistics metrics to help management scale production efficiently
- Coordinate with Independent Testing Labs and conduct transfer and/or transportation of testing samples as needed.
- Assist with on-site waste disposal
- Prior experience working with Metrc at a licensed Massachusetts cannabis facility
- Must be at least 21+ years old
- Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Relocation to the Greater Northampton, Massachusetts area, and ability to work on-site
- Must be able to pass Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) background check
- A high degree of integrity and ethical conduct at all times
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Prior experience in professional driving preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Beginning salary: $50,000 per year
- Full healthcare, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) program