The Director of Finance at the Lathrop Community is responsible for the oversight and direction of the financial operations of Lathrop Communities, reporting to the Executive Director. Responsible for the books and records of the Corporation, providing reports of its financial condition and other relevant data to the Treasurer and Board of Directors of Lathrop and to its auditors whenever requested. Participates in discussions and negotiations with creditors and bondholders, as needed. Responsible for ensuring proper controls are established and maintained as to its assets and funds. Proposes annual and long-term budgets, budget projections and related reports.
Essential Job Results
- Analyzes and monitors the financial position of the organization
- With direction from the Executive Director develops the operating and capital budget
- Communicates financial information to residents in a timely and accurate fashion
- Prepares required documentation and reports to external financial parties
- Manages the financial assets of the organization
- Maintains high standards for recording and monitoring financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards
- Monitors financial trends of the organization
- Maintains long term financial vision for the organization
Thorough knowledge and understanding of not-for-profit financial accounting functions and methods. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree, Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) experience and/or CPA preferred. Ability to compile accurate financial reports and data. Ability to supervise staff through motivation, delegation, evaluation and training. Superior skills in individual and group communications, either verbal or written, including the ability to make complex matters clear and easy to understand. Self-motivation and high level of initiative. Skilled in maintaining good relations with all contacts through tact and diplomacy.
This position is for 32 hours per week and has a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance and a generous time off package.