We are seeking an engaging direct care staff to act as community support, job coach, and life skills tutor in the Northampton area for 25 hours per week to a young man with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). If you enjoy exploring the community, movies, music, libraries and bookstores, this could be a great opportunity for you to make a difference in the life of a very nice young man who is motivated to become more independent. All work to be conducted following COVID-19 precautions
25 hours per week; $17 per hour. Monday-Fridays only.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED
- Life or work experience with individuals with disabilities. Experience, training with ASD is appreciated but not required.
- Be able to handle emergency situations
- Comfortable with using remote tools such as Zoom to engage and connect with others
- Have certification in Adult CPR/First Aid or ability to be certified
- Ability to use a laptop to enter case notes; communicate by email, etc.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and availability of a private insured vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the member
- Must have an acceptable CORI, SORI and National Fingerprint Check.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, problem solve, regulate thoughts and emotions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision; reading of written, printed, or computer screen data.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. UCP of Western Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of the UCP affiliate network, UCP of Western Massachusetts offers a variety of community programs and services for persons with disabilities and other similar service needs, including Assistive Technology, Early Intervention, Individual and Family Support, and Adult Family Care. UCP has two offices in the Berkshires, located in Pittsfield and North Adams. Learn more at http://ucpwma.org/