Structural and miscellaneous steel fabrication and erection company is currently seeking Welders / Erectors with 1 - 5 years experience in steel erecting for our structural and miscellaneous metals divisions. Welding certifications highly desired. Stainless and aluminum experience is a plus. Apprentice program available.
This position qualifies for a $2,000.00 hiring bonus for new hires or rehires!
Duties & Responsibilities, can include / not limited to
- Installing plumb cables (not plumbing building).
- Bolting up and snapping bolts- (additional safety training required).
- Laying deck – Sloped.
- Controlled deck zone safety training.
- Small tool training: torches, deck, saw, welders, drills…….
- Fasten deck.
- Spread joist.
- Weld joist.
- Spread and weld (bolt) bridging – all types.
- Install safety cable and perimeter protection- stanchions, kicker.
- Unloading truck.
- Shake out.
- Installing stanchions, rat lines on beams before erecting.
- Blue print reading MP drawings)- beginner training.
- Rigger (ground man)- safety/equipment.
- Welder- wire feeder all positions.
- Individuals with at least 1 - 5 years of experience in erecting structural and miscellaneous steel.
- High School Diploma, GED and/or Vocational School
- Proficient in fitting columns, beams, ladders, stairs, handrail, bolting up and decking etc. independently.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to travel and stay overnight.
- Must work in professional manner and be able to work around other tradesmen.
- Current 10 hour OHSA Card required.
- Must be able to communicate with foreman.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Springfield, MA