The Facility Guidelines Institute is seeking a part-time or full-time office manager to handle administrative operations and provide remote administrative support to the CEO, COO, Board of Directors, and other volunteer leaders. This is a work-from-home position with multi-day travel required a few times per year. The office manager position requires broad and comprehensive knowledge of the non-profit organization’s operations, policies, and practices. The successful candidate will work independently to perform diverse and complex administrative duties, be an excellent communicator, and be very comfortable working in a dynamic learning environment.
- Provide human resources and administrative support to the organization.
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of staff, board, and committee meetings and coordinate travel itineraries and related arrangements.
- Arrange meetings, conferences, and multi-day events; prepare and distribute meeting materials.
- Maintain appropriate records, files, documentation, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Initiate, compose, and prepare correspondence, presentation materials, and reports.
- Oversee other projects, as assigned.
- Gather information and conduct research, as required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and cloud-based file sharing platforms
- Able to quickly learn additional software tools and systems
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with event planning and project management
- Able to work independently and manage priorities effectively
- Able to keep information organized and confidential
- Active listening skills
- Requires a minimum education of a high school diploma; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Prefer five+ years’ experience in the business world, preferably in an administrative support capacity to senior leaders
- Experience with travel itinerary management
- Demonstrated success in event planning, from small meetings to large-scale company events
- Keen attention to detail and a strong desire to learn
Experience processing expense claims for reimbursement and processing purchase orders and other billing functions is a plus.
The position description does not constitute as an employment agreement between the employer and coworker and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer as the needs of the employer change.